Saturday 4 July 2009

Summer Time.

It is now July. I am dissertation dissertation dissertation-ing - and being the procrastination wizard that I am, I have been thinking a lot about going back to Italy, where half my family are from. The place is a little village in the mountains, cascading landscapes of beauty in every foreseeable direction. I absolutely love it. Unlike this country, there is so much respect for tradition and history, and one of my favourite things is to look into the natural infrastructure to see flowers, Mother Mary statues and other decorative marks of respect, left perfectly. Below are some photos I took last time I was there.



Beautifully decaying walls add to the impact of this shot



Giancarlo and I driving my great uncle's car... when I took over, I drove up a mountain for 20 mins with the handbreak on..oops... needless to say there was smoke, and I was fearing for my life.


One of the many untouched marks of religious respect, rested in the natural curvature of the landscape.
Stunning white horse, in the countryside, by the lake at the top of the mountain.


Going on the back of a Vespa is amazing. But unfortunately, I seem to know a lot of reckless Vespa drivers.


This was one of about 5 gorgeous stranded kittens when I went on a drive. I wish I could have kept one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Paris Paris